Friday, August 15, 2014

Something New...

Okaaaay! So, I'm going to try something new on here. I'm going to try and post every few days, the first day I'll post an interview with a specific character, then I'll post my favorite scene involving that character, and finally, maybe on Fridays, I'll post a video of my and one (or more) of my sisters discussing a certain main point concerning that character! Let me know what you think of the idea, or the video, or both!

So, today I'm going to post all three since it's already Friday. :) The interview comes first!

INTERVIEW

Me: This is an interview with, guess who.... Bryin! Pretty predictable, right? So you know the drill Bryin.

Bryin: There's a drill what drill?

Me: Ah, never mind. So first question, how old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Bryin: Ummm... I'm gonna go with anywhere from five to eight years old.

Me: And which is worse, failing or never trying?

Bryin: Failing is definitely worse. I mean, if you never try in the first place you'll never fail. Not to mention that I'd already know before trying that I would fail, so what's the point?

Me: So when it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done?

Bryin: Definitely. That's mainly because I love talking and I'm lazy. It's just so much easier to sit around and run my mouth all day then to go out for a run or something like that. Although, that might get boring after a while... Hmm...

Me: And since this is a longish post, I'm going to cut the interview short. Besides, most of who (Whoever you are...) Might already know who Bryin is anyways.

END

And here's one of my favorite scenes with Bryin.... I call it, "The Gummy Bear Scene".



"Bryin," Dawn said firmly, "How long have you been awake?"

            "Two days," Bryin said only slightly louder, "And today is the third day."

            Quest sighed.

            Dawn looked curiously towards Bryin.

            "What exactly do you think I said to you?" She asked him.

            "Maybe I was just hearing things," Bryin sighed, "but it sounded like someone said, 'Hello, Bryin' and since there's no one else around I figured you had said something." Bryin shook his head. "You both think I'm crazy because I haven't had any sleep, right?"

            Both Dawn and Quest nodded.

            "Maybe I am," Bryin admitted.

            "Bryin," Dawn said kindly, "You just need some sleep and you'll be fine. If you're hearing any more voices let us know, ok?"

            Bryin nodded, knowing if the voice came back, he would keep it to himself.

            Quest nodded to Dawn and Bryin that they should keep moving, and all three urged their foulexes on.

            Bryin went back to examining his dagger, trying not to think about sleep, or him slowly losing his mind because he refused to sleep.

            Bryin, came the female voice again. Bryin asked himself if it would make him even more crazy to respond. Shrugging, Bryin decided that didn't really matter at the moment.

            Hello, Bryin thought hesitantly.

            It's been a while since we've talked.

            It has been, Bryin agreed. He wasn't really sure he had talked to this voice before, but he was going to play along with it anyways.

            I know you think you're going insane, the voice told him.

            How do you know that?

            Because I can read your thoughts. I also know you lost your memories of Panin, so allow me to explain a few things.

            Ok, Bryin thought, wondering just what the voice would tell him.

            First, you may very well be going insane from lack of sleep, but you aren't imagining my voice.

            Bryin chuckled to himself. Now the voice inside his head was going to try and convince him it was real.

            If I were a voice in someone's head, Bryin thought as his mind started to wonder, I would probably try to convince them I was real too.

            Bryin! The voice snapped inside his head.

            What? Bryin responded confused.

            You aren't listening to me. I told you I'm not just some voice your mind fabricated because of sleep deprivation. I'm Takfin.

            Takfin? Didn't Quest say something about Takfin?

            Yes, the voice agreed, Quest gave you this dagger and its name is Takfin.

            That’s right, Bryin recalled, and what did you say about Takfin?

            I am Takfin.

            Bryin started laughing, which earned him strange glanced from Dawn and Quest.

            Bryin ignored their stares and continued to chuckle at the fact the imaginary voice inside his head was now trying to tell him she was the dagger in his hands.

            Look, Bryin thought as he stopped laughing, I know you don’t understand this because you’re just some voice I invented, but you’re not real. You are just the sort of thing I would think of to pull a joke on myself.

            The voice made a sound close to a sigh.

            Bryin, your logic doesn’t make any sense. As the voice said this, Bryin pictured the owner of the voice shaking her head. That image put a smile on his lips. I am Takfin, the voice went on, still trying to convince Bryin. It’s very possible for me to be speaking to you at the moment. That’s because I am a magical dagger, and among communicating with certain people, I have a few other abilities as well.

            “Uh huh,” Bryin said out loud, “of course you say all this is just because of magic, and I’ll just pretend I agree with you.”

            As Bryin talked to no one, Dawn glanced sadly towards him.

            Bryin nodded as he received more words from the disembodied voice.

            “Oh, don’t try to argue with me,” Bryin said shaking his head. “I already said I believed you.” Bryin tilted his head to the side and sighed as he listened to the voice in his head. “Ok, ok, I’ll take all of that into consideration, but I really don’t…” Bryin’s voice faded away as he shoved his hand into one of his jean pockets.

            Although Bryin was wearing a shirt from Panin, he still had on his favorite pair of jeans from Earth.

            “What have I got in my pocket?” Bryin asked absentmindedly to no one. Smiling, Bryin pulled out two gummy bears from his pocket. “Where did you two come from?” Bryin almost sighed with relief as he received no answer from the gummy bears. “Hey,” Bryin said looking off into the distance, as if that was the direction the voice came from, “I just thought of something.”

            Bryin waited for an answer and laughed when it came.

            “I don’t really know, I just thought it would be hilarious.” Bryin said grinning. “I mean what if gummy bears could talk to me?” Bryin took a breath and said in a deep English accent, “You, for your crimes against Gummiopolis, are here by sentenced to be… Sacrificed!” Bryin then switched to a squeaky voice. “No, please, not sacrifice. I didn’t mean it. Surly there must be another way!” Bryin made a serious face towards the red gummy bear in his hand. In the deep English accent, Bryin continued, “There is no other way! You shall be sacrificed.” Bryin then started chanting in a whisper. “Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice.” Getting louder with each word Bryin lifted the gummy bear up to his mouth. “Sacrifice, Sacrifi-” Bryin stopped suddenly as he threw the piece of candy in his mouth, and before closing his mouth, made a small scream for the gummy bear.

            Bryin looked at the remaining green gummy bear. Smiling, he stuffed it into his pocket to save it for later. As he looked back up ahead of him, he realized Dawn and Quest weren’t there. Worriedly, he turned around to look behind him. Dawn and Quest had stopped while Bryin was executing the gummy.

            The two just sat on their foulexes exchanging knowing glances. As they turned their glances upon Bryin, they each took a deep breath.

            “Bryin,” Dawn said swinging off of Eve’s back, “Quest and I were just going to let this whole no sleep thing slide until tonight, but clearly you need sleep more than we realized.”

            Dawn walked over to the front of Bryin’s foulex and took the reins that were hanging loosely from one of Bryin’s hands.

            “We’ll lead your foulex,” Quest explained, “and you can try to get some rest. Really Bryin, you’re starting to worry us…I mean Dawn. She’s beginning to worry about you.”

            “Oh, Quest,” Dawn said frowning, “Quit playing around. You are just as freaked out by Bryin’s behavior as I am.”

            Quest shrugged and Dawn passed the reins to Bryin’s foulex to him. He tied the reins to Howler’s reins and Dawn hopped back onto Eve. As they continued to travel Bryin looked ahead awkwardly. He really wasn't going to try and sleep and now, all he could do was converse with the voice inside his mind or sit there bored. The boredom would very soon lead to him falling asleep, and sleep would lead to nightmares.

            Bryin leaned against his foulexes neck.

            "I'm not going to fall asleep," he whispered to himself.

            "I'm sure you won't," replied a deep voice.

            Bryin sat up and looked around. He looked first to Quest and Dawn. They couldn't have said anything because they were in one of their conversations full of gibberish. Frowning Bryin wondered if the voice inside his head had changed.

            Bryin, I haven't changed. The female voice told him.

            That rules out the voice in my head, Bryin thought to himself.

            "I can help you stay awake if you'd like." rumbled the voice again.

            Bryin looked around curiously. The voice wasn't coming from his mind, and from either of his companions, but no one else was around, unless…

            Bryin looked down at his foulex.      

            Lowly Bryin asked, "It wasn't  you who said something, was it?"

            "It was," the foulex answered him.

            Bryin didn't know whether to laugh, answer the animal, ignore it, or tell Quest and Dawn. He decided to go with the safest one.

            "I didn't know you could talk." Bryin said quietly, hoping Dawn and Quest wouldn't hear him.

            "Well I can't really, if you know what I mean." the foulex turned its head to grin at Bryin.

            Bryin smiled in return. Still smiling he shook his head.

            "Not really," Bryin replied confused. "Hey, do you have a name?"

            "Aye, I do," the foulex replied.

            Bryin waited for him to give his name and smiled wider as he used the word 'aye.'

            "The name's Bob." Bob said to Bryin.

            "Bob?" Bryin asked confused. "But that's an Earth name. I thought since you were an animal from Panin you would have a more exotic name."

            "Hey, don't look at me," Bob said frowning at Bryin, "You're the one imagining everything I'm saying, so since this whole thing is coming from your head, my name's Bob."

            "Oh, I guess that makes sense." Bryin said shrugging.

            "But just between you and me," Bob said in a whisper, "I like the name Fred better."

            Bryin only laughed at that. This was definitely coming from his head.

            "Bryin," Dawn said frowning, "You are supposed to be trying to sleep."

            "No," Bryin argued, "I'm supposed to be ignoring any orders you try to give me. I believe you are trying to order me to sleep, so I will now stay awake."

            Dawn just stared at Bryin with a look of unbelief.

            Sighing Quest said, "Look, this is for your own good. You have to sleep sometime, whether it's sooner or later. I would prefer it be sooner because I'm pretty sure you were just having a conversation with a foulex."           

            "I was not!" Bryin said indignantly. "I was having a conversation with Bob, who secretly wants to be a Fred."

            This time it was Quest's turn to be at a loss for words.

            "Fine," Dawn said finally. "Sleep, don't sleep, I don't care."

            "You don't care but I do." Bryin said with a frown. "I'm not sleeping."

            Both Dawn and Quest shook their heads and went back to talking hoping Bryin would just crash.

            Bryin studied them.

            What are they talking about? Bryin wondered.

            They seemed to be obsessed with him falling asleep. Were they plotting a way to make him sleep? Why did they want him to sleep? What did they want with him?

            Bryin thought quickly and came to a decision. He was not going to travel with these two.

            Looking from Dawn to Quest, Bryin made sure neither one was paying any attention to him and he slipped off his foulex. Landing on the soft purple grass with a thud, Bryin watched happily as the two continued to ride off without him.

            Bryin then frowned as they stopped.

            Without looking back, Quest called to him, "You didn't really think we wouldn't notice that, did you?" Shaking his head, Quest leaned over to Dawn and said something Bryin couldn't hear. Then Quest dismounted and walked over to Bryin.

            "What are you doing?" Bryin asked suspiciously. "You can't make me go with you. Unless, of course, you kidnap me. I highly doubt you'd do that though."

            Quest said nothing, but shrugged. As he continued to walk over to Bryin, he casually put his hand on the hilt of his sword.

            "What do you want?" Bryin asked getting nervous. "Stay away from me! Unless you have anything to say, I suggest you get back on your horse thingy and ride off, ok?"

            "Sorry," Quest said, "that's not going to work for me." Once Quest was close enough to reach out and touch Bryin, he pulled out his sword and jabbed its hilt into the side of Bryin's head. Dawn frowned slightly as Bryin crumpled to the ground.

            "Quest," She said leading all three of the foulexes over to Bryin and Quest, "You didn't tell me you were going to do that."

            "What?" Quest asked innocently. "He needed sleep right? Plus I don't think he would have come with us with the way he's thinking right now."

            Trying to hide a grin, Dawn said, "Well that's still not the way you should have done it."

            Hopping to the ground next to Quest, Dawn helped him get Bryin up onto Bob. Once they had made sure he wasn't going to fall off, they got on their own rides, and rode off.
Annnnd, the part I've been waiting for most... THE VIDEO OF ME!!! XD Just kidding. But seriously, here's the video. Warning, I might be acting weird, just because I am and this is usually how my sisters and I all interact minus the camera, so... Yeah. I'm Weird. Oh, and also most of the stuff we're talking about in the video is random so if it makes no sense... Oh, well. XD




So, what do you think? From what you know, does Bryin get off easy or no? Let me know in the comments! Next week I'll be showing you a look at Sage!

6 comments:

  1. Hmm. I can see where Bryin's had it hard, but compared to Darvel and Katrina I think he's had it easy. Cale, of course *Glares at him*, disagrees though.

    Oh. And you guys are both beautiful. :) Nice to finally put a face to the name. ^.^

    Cale-I have to agree with the sister here. Poor Bryin's got it way too hard....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. XD Yeah. Truthfully my view on that is about half and half. Some places he really did get off easy. And then other times it's been hard for him.

      :D Thanks! Heh. I've always intended on putting a picture or something on here, and now I finally have.

      *Sticks tongue out at Cale* That's not nice. You're not supposed to agree with her!!! Otherwise I'll be hearing about it nonstop for weeks!

      Delete
    2. Lol. I know what you mean. Half the time I feel I'm too easy on my characters and the other half I'm too hard.

      You're welcome. ^.^

      Cale-*Scowls* I'm not going to be nice to you. You think Bryin should suffer more. You made him go nearly insane when his mom died and then again when he remembered his mom died. And I almost had to bop him with a table leg.

      Delete
    3. Heh. Yeah. Most of the time I wonder if I don't necessarily follow through with my threats...

      :D

      Heh... So is it bad that actually kind of wish you had done that,Cale? It would have been funny. XD Plus I haven't even gotten to the really bad stuff yet.

      Delete
  2. Heh. That was funny. And it's cool to see your face- you look a lot like how I imagined you. Though you knew that already.

    Personally, I think that whether or not Bryin got off easy is all in perspective. On one hand, yeah, he had it easy in that he's not dead (despite the fact that there were numerous times he could've been killed), and as Liessa pointed out, Katrina definitely had it harder than Bryin did. However, Bryin went through a LOT- he's spent most of his life being bullied or tortured, he's lost so many people, and more. And yeah, some of it was his fault, but that doesn't change that he had it hard. And for the record, I don't think that Bryin got off easier than Darvel or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I think it's cool that you know what I look like now. XD

      That's very true. :)

      Delete