Monday, August 18, 2014

A Look At Sage

So, probably on Friday I'll post the video of my sister and I discussing Sage. Until then I'll post a character interview, and a short scene or story involving him. Today is the interview.

INTERVIEW

Me: So before I say anything else, I might as well get it out of the way. Yes, Sage, I am your author. Yes, I do, or should know all of this, but you're going to tell me anyways for the sake of the readers. Understand?

Sage: Well, seeing as I am the character, how should I know if I understand? I believe only you can answer that question for me.

Me: Ugh. Sage, we're not doing this right now. I definitely know for a fact that you understand.

Sage: Oh? And how is it that you obtained this knowledge?

Me: What? What kind of a question is that? I'm the author and I created you, that's how.

Sage: Interesting... So what do you do when you are not busy writing?

Me: Um, well... A lot I guess... Hey! Wait a minute, I'm the one asking the questions, you don't get to turn this around on me. Now, what's your idea of perfect happiness?

Sage: Knowledge. People believe that knowledge is power, but I also believe that it can be happiness as well. That is why I intend to strive to know everything.

Me: What's your greatest fear?

Sage: I fear the lack of knowledge and injustice. Both problems could be solved rather easily, but I find that they are not. Why is that?

Me: I don't know, but you're still not the one who gets to ask me things. Where do you see yourself being in ten to twenty years?

Sage: I am currently six, and for the sake of simplicity I will just leave it at that. In ten years I will be sixteen for all those simpletons who cannot add properly. I see myself traveling Panin discovering things, but of course at sixteen I will most likely have already discovered at least ten things, and have become famous for them.

Me: Well... If you say so... So in general, how do you treat others?

Sage: I would like to think I treat everyone the same. I prefer to be firm, and possibly polite when the situation calls for it, but if it doesn't I don't mind sounding rude by saying something if it needs to be said.

Me: Who is the most important person in your life?

Sage: Well... I've never thought about it, but I guess that would be Bryin. He took me in and rescued me from slavery, and he calls me his brother even though we are not related by blood. I feel indebted to him in a way.

Me: Hmm... Name three things you're good at and three things you're bad at.

Sage: That is not a question, my dear author.

Me: I know that! Just tell me your answer anyways.

Sage: Fine, if you are going to be temperamental about it... I am great at being smart, researching things, and I am a fast learner. I am bad at... Being stupid. Honestly, I am quiet brilliant so I believe I would find it hard to be such a simpleton. And I do not have to list two other things because really I am amazing at most things.

Me: Riiighhht... So I think we'll end here...  Just because you're getting a big head...

END INTERVIEW

So, there's a little character interview on Sage! Next I'll be posting a short scene or something.

1 comment:

  1. *facepalm* Oh Sage. You are impossible. But I like you anyway.

    ReplyDelete