Thursday, August 21, 2014

Favorite Scene Starring Sage

Sooo... I actually meant to post this yesterday but I'm lazy and I forgot, so here's my favorite scene with Sage. I've never really done editing on it, so sorry if it's really bad...



“Hi, Sage.” Bryin said as he sat down. “How are you feeling?”

“Why are you inquiring about my health?” Sage asked with a confused glance at Bryin.

“Well,” Bryin said with a shrug, “because it’s what friends do.”

Sage frowned at this.

“What on Panin gave you the idea we were friends?”

            “I gave myself the idea. I decided we were friends right now.”

            “We are not friends,” Sage said shaking his head. “I do not have time for friends.”

“And why not?” Bryin asked with a small frown. “I mean I’m pretty busy too, doing… Um, stuff to avoid working, but I still have time for friends.”

Sage raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, well, I have actual work, that I intend to finish with, because unlike you, I am not a moron who believes that all orders are bad.”

“Alright,” Bryin said with a sigh, “first, I’m going to ignore that fact that you are calling me stupid once again. Secondly, I don’t believe orders are bad. And thirdly, you can work, and still have time for friends Sage. Friendship is about getting to know a person by talking to them, and learning to like them.”

“Friendship involves learning?” Sage asked, sounding slightly more interested.

Bryin nodded.

“Friendship involves a lot of learning. First you have to learn to like the person you’re talking with, and then you have to learn to like the things they’re interested in. See? Friendship is a lot more complicated than you thought, huh? Hm, maybe you’re not ready to figure out how to be friends…” Bryin said, patting Sage on the head. “It’s alright though, Sage. You’ll be ready when you’re older.”

Sage’s mouth gaped open and he crossed his arms.

“I am ready!” Sage insisted. “I am smarter than one hundred clones of you put together, so if you can figure out friendship, then I can master it!”

Bryin bite his lip as he tried to keep from grinning at Sage.

“Alright, if you say so.” Bryin said with a self-satisfied pleasure. “But first things first, Sage. You also have to learn not to insult your friends, even if they are complete idiots.”

“Oh,” said Sage with a small frown, “in that case, I apologize for the immaturity that led me to insult you multiple times. I assure you I will not let that be the case ever again.”

This time Bryin let himself grin.

“That’s a good goal, Sage,” Bryin said with a chuckle, “but don’t be so serious about all this. You’re so formal for a six year old. Loosen up a bit, kid.”

Sage stiffened at Bryin’s words.

“I am six years, six months and six days old…” Sage let his voice fade away as he received an almost disapproving glance from Bryin. “Am I doing something wrong?”

Bryin broke out in a smile, and shook his head.

“No, I just told you to loosen up, and then you went and did the complete opposite thing that I told you to do. That’s what I usually do. It’s my thing, okay Sage?” Bryin said teasingly. “I disobey the orders and you act super logical and cute. Don’t get those mixed up again.”

“Oh,” Sage replied seriously, “I apologize for forgetting my place. I shall try harder next time.”

“Sage, I was kidding!”              

Sage’s features contorted into a deep scowl as he thought about Bryin’s previous words.

“You know,” Sage said, shaking his head, “for one who dislikes orders to the extreme, you certainly are bossy.”

Bryin crossed his arms.

“Hey, what did I say about insulting people?”

Sage shrugged.

“I am not entirely sure, but I am almost positive that it was another order…” Sage slowly started grinning playfully, and Bryin realized Sage was just joking around like he had been only a few seconds ago.

“Well,” Bryin exclaimed happily, “I think we’re making progress!”

Tomorrow hopefully, I'll post the video.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might've read that scene before- it sounds familiar- but I love it. :D You have a real gift for funny dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I figured you had read that before, but thanks! That really means a lot! :D Especially since dialogue is my favorite part of writing!

      Delete