Saturday, November 21, 2015

NaNo Update #3

Well, it's now the 21st and I'm so behind on writing. I didn't hardly get any writing done because I've been doing school work, and actually going to school, and stuff like that. You know, trying to be a good student even though I'd much rather skip classes all month so I could just sit around the house and write all day. But, that's not how it worked out. >.<

On the bright side, though, I'm on break for a whole week! I can only imagine the amount of writing I can get done in that time! Hopefully it's a lot. I'm gonna need the time to play catch up if I actually want to reach the 50k mark this time around.

And, I would have written yesterday, but it was my 19th birthday! :D It was amazing, and even better because I didn't have any classes at all, meaning my break started a day earlier! XD My grandma made me an amazing cake, and gave me The Tournament at Gorlan by John Flanagan (so excited to read that) as well as some glitter body mist stuff (which happens to also be one of my favorite smells.) And then, this afternoon my aunt and uncle took me for coffee and got me a travel mug thing, which is gold, and amazing! :D Over all it was awesome, but it meant that I didn't have time to get any further on the short story I'm working on!

The last poll was something about who you would like to know more about, and I think Wolf won that one... Which is why I started writing a short story thing to post, but then I started off with Bryin and Wolf seems more like a side character at the moment, so I'm just gonna post that story here and come up with one mostly about Wolf and put it on the other blog. (That way Bryin doesn't get upset at Wolf. ;) )

So, if I can manage it, I'll try to have both stories up by the 27th, which is Friday. (Just so I give myself a deadline.)

And for an actual NaNo update, I have 14,387 words in total... And I'm still trying to end chapter two so I can move on and write about a few more characters, but I think I'm starting to get ideas about what actually happens in the middle of the book, so that's good. And I'm still really happy about it, so that means I'll definitely be continuing it until the end. (Or that's how I feel about it at the moment.)

But yeah. That's about it, I think. I'll come up with a new poll question soon, and it also looks like I'll be drawing up a new map and posting it, so look forward to that. Though, it'll be after the short stories, and maybe even after this semester of school ends for me, but we'll see.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and definitely come back later to check out the short stories whenever I get around to finishing them. And wish me luck with NaNo! :D

1 comment:

  1. I voted for the video in your new poll, but my vote doesn't seem to be showing up. :P
    Sorry you weren't able to write as much as you hoped- if you need a word war or two, I'll probably be up for it!
    Sounds like you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete