Monday, July 8, 2013

Bryin's Facebook

Hey guys! It's been awhile since my last post like... a few months at least! I have been meaning to start posting things again, but I left for a month so I didn't get the chance until now. The good news with me leaving is now that I'm back, I actually have things to post! So here is a random short story that I wrote. Hope you like it!


            One day Bryin was bored. He was  bored a lot, but this particular day Bryin decided he would  experiment with Takfin. Here's what happened that day...
            Bryin had grown up on Earth. He had grown accustom to all the technology, and things that Panin just didn't have. So, bored out of his mind, Bryin tried to see if he could bring a little piece of Earth to Panin.
            Takfin, what sort of things can you change into? Bryin thought mentally to the magical dagger that was in the form of a ring at that moment.
            I can change into almost any  inanimate object there is. Takfin replied.
            Bryin tapped his chin. 
            "Takfin could you please turn into a laptop."
            As soon as Bryin's request had left his mouth, the ring on his finger disappeared in a flash of light and was replaced with a highly advanced laptop. The design was sleek. The shell of the laptop was blue with flecks of gold. It was a pretty cool looking computer.
            Doubting he could do anything other than play boring card games, Bryin pressed the small power button. The screen blinked on. Bryin was almost surprise when the laptop only took a few seconds to boot up completely, and soon he was staring at the home screen. He started searching the computer. There were a ton of icons, most of which he had no idea what they were or what they would take him to. Out of curiosity Bryin pressed one or two of the strange icons, but I won't get into what they did, because that's a completely different story.
            After playing around on the Taktop as Bryin started calling it-- On that note, hello, this is Bryin! I just wanted to explain the horrible name. It was either lapfin or Taktop, I went with the last one because-- Bryin! Would you quit interrupting my story-- Well actually it's my story, you know because it's about me-- Bryin, I'm serious. Cut it out!
            Now, where was I? Oh yes. After playing around on the Taktop, he found a very familiar icon. The Internet icon. He knew it was a long shot as he didn't have an Internet connection, but he clicked on it anyways. Bryin was once again surprised when it connected and he was online.
            "How the heck am I connected to Wi-Fi on Panin?" Bryin asked nobody in particular. Bryin shook his head and entered an address in the URL bar.
            Normally on Earth Bryin avoided sites like this one. But he was so bored he decided to mess around and get his very first Facebook. 
            Bryin entered his name, email address, age, and birthday. Then, after coming up with a terribly lame password, Bryin was finally on his Facebook. Not really knowing what else to do, Bryin started to type up a post.
            Hey, guess what? I just got a facebook! Well I guess that's obvious since I'm writing this, but... Where am I going with this? And.... Who am I writing this to?
            Bryin stopped typing and published his post. Then he frowned. He had no Facebook friends so that post had only been seen by him. That meant he was talking to himself, and although that was weird, he had no problem with it. In fact he started commenting on his own post.
            You have a facebook? Wow Bryin that's so cool! I just got mine today too!

            Well, I would say that was a coincidence, Bryin, but seeing as we are the same person, it's not really.
            Lol! That is so true! :D
            Bryin looked at the comments and sighed. This was going nowhere. With a big grin, Bryin came up with a great idea.
            He logged out of his Facebook, typed in a few things and was logged into a whole new Facebook.
            Signed in on the new Facebook, he search Bryin Orcaltif, and asked to be his friend. From there he logged out and signed in under his account again to accept the friend request. He did this multiple times until he had about nine friends. 
            Bryin, did you really just talk to yourself off of Facebook? Commented Bryin from an account he had created for Dawn.
            Of course I did. Came Bryin's reply.
            Do you realize how insane you are? Commented "Quest."
            Yes, yes I do. Bryin responded.
            Then Bryin received a notification that someone had posted on his wall.
            Bryin, Read Darvel's post, I just wanted to let you know how much I love you! <3
            Darvel also commented on his own post.
            Bryin! I can't believe you hacked my Facebook account, which was created by you in the first place! You know I would never say anything like that to you because you're a complete idiot and I hate you!
            Bryin commented back.
            Darvel, let's not fight on Facebook. That's so inappropriate and plus, I know deep, deep, deep, deep, deep, deep.... Wait where was I going with that? Ah, oh well.
            Boys, you both need to be nice to each other, Said Alecia.
            Yes, agreed Nalfen. And Bryin's right. There's no need to fight.
            Bryin was in the process of beginning a new post, Bryin received another notification about an invitation. It said:
            Hey, Bryin you've been invited to an event by Vatan called Vatan's Birthday Celebration. 
            Clicking on it, Bryin read the description. You are here by invited to my birthday party! There will be music, games, oh and don't forget to bring a present! I would love it if someone gave Takfin to me as a gift! So please, come and join me in celebrating my birthday! Oh, and this is definitely NOT a plot to get Takfin!
            Bryin of course politely told Vatan he couldn't make it that day.
            The next thing Bryin did was he went and poked all of his friends. Most didn't poke him back and all the others complained about it and told him to stop.
            After that Bryin made a group called the World of Panin. He was in the middle of inviting people on to his group when he received another notification. This one was different though. All the other notifications had been expected. This had come out of nowhere.
            The notification was about a friend request. Bryin hadn't made any other accounts and sent himself a friend request, so of course he accepted his first real friend.
            Then he went back to creating his group, adding people to his group, and trying to think of random things to post in his group. His real Facebook friend had been added to The World of Panin and had seen Bryin's first post there.
            Hello, and welcome to my group The World of Panin. Here I will post random things about my life on Panin. I hope you enjoy the group!
            The real Facebook friend commented by saying: Bryin, what do you think you're doing? I already have a group called the World of Panin. And another thing, how did you even get a Facebook on Panin? Oh, never mind. Of course Takfin helped you.
            How do you know who I am? Bryin asked.
            Hmm, well I only created you out of thin air!] I replied. [I'm your author, how could you not know who I am?
            Bryin moved to reply when someone came up behind him and tapped his shoulder.
            "Bryin, what are you doing?" Quest asked, glancing suspiciously at the Taktop.
            Bryin asked Takfin to change into a ring and smiled at Quest.
            "Heh, heh. I wasn't doing anything."
            "I really don't believe you." Quest said shaking his head. "But I'm almost afraid of what you would tell me if I pressed any harder."
            Bryin grinned.
            "Yeah, you're probably right to be afraid. One reason is you have no idea what a laptop is, do you?"
            "A what?" Quest asked.
            Bryin's grin grew larger.
            "A laptop! It's a magical item from Earth! Come over here and I'll work my Earth magic for you!"

2 comments:

  1. YES. This is just awesome. I'm cracking up here. Only Bryin would actually create nine Facebook accounts to talk to himself. And only you, IDK, could ever come up with something like this. (Out of curiosity, do you really have a World of Panin Facebook group? Or was that just made up for this post.)
    Again, this is hilariously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks! I do really have a World of Panin Facebook group. I don't really do too much with it though.

      Delete