Tuesday, July 9, 2013

World of Panin Television

Hey guys! Today I decided to post another short story which is similar to Bryin's Facebook. This one has different episodes, so here is episode one. Enjoy!           


            One day Bryin was bored. He was bored a lot, but this particular day Bryin decided he would  experiment with Takfin. Here's what happened that day...
            Bryin was talking with Takfin about random things that were running through his head something he liked to do when he was bored.
            And then, what if the stalker guy turned out to be the boy's father, but then-
            Bryin, Takfin interrupted Bryin's thought, what does this have to do with anything?
            Bryin laughed.
            Well, he explained, I was just thinking how that would make a great soap opera! I never actually watched one, but I could imagine that story line for one.
            A soap opera? Takfin sighed. Now that you're in Panin, is all you ever do is think of Earth things?
            Bryin shook his head.
            Nope. Just when I'm bored, which just so happens that I'm very bored right now. Bryin tilted his head. You know what? If we were on Earth, I could just watch TV. I haven't seen a TV show for like… I don't know how long, but you get the idea.
            Do I really get the idea? Takfin asked Bryin. I'm starting to learn that even though I can read your mind, I honestly have no idea what is really running through your head.
            Bryin grinned.
            That's understandable considering half the time I have no idea what's going on in my head. But, currently I do know what I'm thinking so…Takfin would you mind turning in to a TV? One that works?
            Bryin figured that if the Taktop could get a Wi-Fi connection, then the Tak-a-vision could also get a signal of some sort, and hopefully at least a channel of two would be available. – Hey, guys! This is Bryin! I just wanted to explain the name again. I know it's terrible, but in my opinion, Tak-a-vision is way better than the Taktop. I—Bryin, do I even have to say it? For the last time, quit interrupting my, I mean, your story.
            Now, back to the story.—Hey, that sounded like a commercial!—Bryin, I thought you were going away…—Well I can't now! I have to do the commercial! And now a word from our sponsors, which of course is me, Bryin.
            Have you ever wondered if it was at all possible to combine all your favorite things that you love to carry around with you into one object? I'm here to tell you that it is possible! It's called… Takfin! As long as you know the magic words, Takfin can transform into any inanimate object you can think of! With Takfin you can get rid of clutter, and you will no longer have your hands full! If you think that's great, just wait to hear what I  have to say next. Not only will Takfin be able to replace most of your everyday things and merge them into one easy and convenient location, but taking a vacation will also become a snap! With Takfin you don't need to purchase tickets or plan ahead. All you do is tell Takfin which exotic and amazing new dimension you would like to visit and you'll be there! But wait! If you order in the next ten minutes, we'll send you a note saying that there is only one Takfin and  I (Bryin) am not going to give it to you! So if you want an autographed note, signed by me, order now! They're only 4.99! To order call—Bryin! I really can't believe you right now. Can I just please now on?—Fine, but I know I have fans out there who want an autograph and if that is the case, all they have to do is ask! And now back to the show!—I… I have no idea what to say about all this. I guess it's best if I move on.
            As Bryin had requested, Takfin transformed in to a TV set. The screen was a sixty inch flat-screen, high definition, 3-D TV. In other words, it was pretty fancy and high-tech.
            Bryin grabbed a remote that came with it, and powered on the television. Bryin had found that Takfin could transform into multiple parts, like the separate TV screen and the remote, but if Bryin were to somehow lose a part of Takfin, she wouldn't be able to work. That's why, as Bryin turned on the TV, Takfin made sure to give Bryin a long lecture on the whole thing.
            As the screen flickered on, Bryin went to the guide and was amazed with what he found. There were literally thousands, and thousands of channels available to view. While that in itself was weird,  something else that was odd was the fact that Bryin didn't recognize any  of the channels. They all seemed slightly foreign to him.
            Randomly, Bryin turned on one, just to see what it was about. Unfortunately, it was on a commercial, and before you say anything Bryin, you know as well as I do it had nothing to do with your 'commercial'. While it was unfortunate that a commercial was on, it was also, for Bryin, a really great thing! On the TV screen was a man, dressed in a sparkly, green suit.
            "Have you ever dreamed of being on TV?" The green suit guy was asking. "Well, if your answer was yes, then I have great news for you!  The IGSS channel is giving anybody and everybody a chance to be a star! All you have to do is call the number on the screen and tell us about your life. Then after reviewing all the calls, we'll chose one lucky person to make their life into a reality TV show. If you think you have an interesting life, give us a call! The next TV star of the galaxy could be you!"
            Once that was said, another, less exciting and not as interesting commercial came on. Bryin grinned with excitement. He was bored and currently had nothing better to do, so he decided to call in to the TV station. His life, when it wasn't boring, was full of action and drama, there was absolutely no way he wouldn't get the show.
            Bryin had Takfin transform into a phone, which Bryin told himself he'd name later, and dialed the number. After a few rings, someone answered.
            "Hello, you have called in to the Make My Life a Reality Show Contest. Please state your name, planet, and then tell me a little bit about your life."
            "Um, ok." Bryin said hesitantly. "Well, my name is Bryin Orcaltif, my…Planet? Wait are you saying that there are aliens in this dimension?"
            "Aliens?" Said the female voice. "I haven't heard that term used in this dimension before. My cousin tells me that the Earthlings use it to describe us though. I think it's offensive."
            "Oh, well… Sorry about that. I just don't know what else to call you… Anyways, my planet is Panin, I think. And a little bit about my life… Hmm, well let's start from when I left Earth."
            Bryin told the not-alien about how he grew up on Earth, found Takfin, was transported to Panin after being kidnapped by Vatan, and all the other crazy things that had happened up until that point.
            "Oh, wow." Said the female voice. "That is pretty interesting! I'll make sure to show this story to my employers. Good luck, Bryin!" And with that she hung up to move on to other calls.
            Bryin waited for weeks after this to get a response, every once in awhile checking Tak-a-vision to see if there was any sign of who won. After a while Bryin just figured he hadn't won, which almost surprised him, but he didn't really mind too much. He just figured that there was plenty more things to do with Takfin, and he didn't need an alien TV show about him to keep himself  occupied. And so with that, Bryin forgot all about the Tak-a-vision, and the aliens.



            "Hello there!" Said a man wearing a green sparkling suit. He spoke with a huge fake grin into a camera directly in front of him. "I'm Herrick, and I'm here to announce the winner of the  Make My Life a Reality Show Contest! We chose a very special person to star in our new show. He is from one of the only planets that we know almost nothing about. Unlike us, Panin is not technologically advanced, and seem to be in a medieval time period. We thought it would be a great idea to take you into the World of Panin, and join Bryin Orcaltif as he tries to adjust to life there! Just so you viewers know that none of this is fake, Bryin has no idea about this. So, I hope in the coming days as we air our first episode, you enjoy it as much as we already are! So don't forget to join us for World of Panin Television!"

5 comments:

  1. LOL. Pretty funny. I liked Bryin's Facebook better, but still . . . how do you come up with all this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have no idea! It all comes out of my brain when I am either thinking of random things, or talking with my older sister! I still have a large list of short story ideas that I'm going to write that all have the same theme. What would happen if Bryin asked Takfin to transform into...

      Delete
    2. Interesting. I can't wait to read all these short stories; I bet they'll be awesome!

      Delete
    3. I hope they'll turn out ok. I shouldn't be too worried since the first two weren't so bad!

      Delete
  2. This is funny! It's interesting how Bryin breaks the fourth wall... :D I wonder what will happen now that his life is a reality show?

    ReplyDelete