Saturday, April 1, 2017

Here Goes Nothing

Camp NaNo has finally begun! And even though I wasn't able to stay up late and write at midnight, and I slept in longer than I meant to, I still managed to hit my goal for the day! I was fairly productive considering I had to write in between singing since I had a choir rehearsal for the majority of the day.

Anyway, so my overall goal is 35,000 words. (Which may be increased if I'm more productive that I'm expecting myself to be.)

My current word count is 1,436, and I'm still in the middle of writing. Hopefully I'll be able to have all tomorrow afternoon to write, and I'll continue to get ahead of my goal. Mostly I'm just hoping that I can be productive, but not burn out like I usually do.

I'll probably stop writing for the day once I've hit tomorrow's goal, if I don't get stuck before then.

And the current scene I'm writing is... Interesting. XD To be honest I don't have much planned for this rewrite, other than really big plot points. But for the scenes that lead up to those, I'm just sort of making things up as I go along. As a result, I decided that the scene I'm working on was gong to be the first time Takfin and Bryin talk. I usually enjoy writing interactions between those two, so reliving the moment where they meet (even if I've changed somethings) is pretty entertaining. Though, Takfin won't be in this first book as much any more, so I'll have to enjoy their conversations while it lasts. XD

The next big plot point I'm building up to is where Bryin and Darvel meet for the first time. And again, that will be interesting. I'm not quite sure how that will turn out with all the changes, but I'm definitely looking forward to writing that scene.

Anyway, so that's how I'm doing on the first day. We'll see how it goes from here, and hopefully I'll have some more scenes to post soon. Even if I have to take a break from my NaNo project to write one.

To end, I'll interview Darvel and Bryin on what they think about this whole rewriting business.
----

Me: Hello, it's been awhile since we've talked like this, hasn't it?

Darvel: Thankfully.

Bryin: You know, it's really not fair that you don't let me run around like I used to.

Me: *Ignores Darvel* Well, I don't exactly have time for that now, do I? Anyway, I'm sure you both know that I'm rewriting your books, starting with the first one.

Darvel: *Snorts* Of course we know. You've been 'rewriting' them for years now.

Me: Well... Yeah, but... This time is different.

Bryin: Don't you say that every time?

Me: *Huffs* Okay, yes. I say that a lot, but I have a much more solid plan this time, and I'm satisfied with the start of this draft. Which leads me to what I really wanted to ask, how do you two feel about this draft?

Bryin: I don't like it. I think it's pretty awful.

Darvel: *Rolls his eyes* You're only saying that because you're not the only main character in this version, so now you have to share the spot light.

Bryin: What? That has nothing to do with it. I just think she's making things a lot more complicated than they should be.

Darvel: *Raises an eyebrow* Right...

Me: Look, Bryin there's no way I can make this book only about you, so you're just going to have to deal with that.

Darvel: If you made it only about Bryin you wouldn't have as much room to mess my life up even more, right?

Me: I'm not messing it up... Just... Tying up loose ends.

Darvel: You call making me into the villain in the first book tying up loose ends. *Huffs* Authors really are mental, aren't they.

Bryin: I don't know, Darvel. I know you weren't specifically a villain before, but I don't think she's changing much. The only differences are that you have a guy following you around all the time who's supposed to be your guard, but doesn't really like you, and now you can use magic. I think everything else is pretty much the same. At least you're not Vatan. His changes are worse than yours.

Darvel: Just shut up, Bryin. At least my reasons for disliking this whole rewrite are good ones. You just can't stand to lose all the attention you were getting before. You're such a loser.

Bryin: Says the villain. Just remember, the villains always lose in story of good and evil, so it's ovbious that I'm not the real loser here.

Darvel: *Glares quietly at Bryin, while reaching for a dagger*

Me: Well, that seems like a good place to stop! Heh... Thanks for reading. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on Camp!

    Also . . . oh stars. We're going back to immature Bryin and Darvel arguing constantly. Oh stars. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good luck to you too!

    XD Yeah, basically. I'm glad they're going to meet each other sooner than last time, too. It'll be fun to write all their interactions again.

    ReplyDelete